Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A Note on the Name

I was at Staples a couple of weeks ago to purchase some school supplies and they asked if I had a discount card. I didn't, but I saw a brochure for a teacher discount program and inquired about it. The young cashier said I was welcome to apply for it. In filling out the blanks of the application, right there in line, I came upon a bit of a challenge:

Name of School ____________________________________

I consulted briefly with my son, who was with me, and we quickly decided on Crooked Pine Academy. You can see why, in the photo. That crooked pine tree (along with the one in our neighbor's yard) also features prominently in our street address; it was an easy choice.

1 comment:

Mister Ed T said...

That tree down at the highway has been our landmark. I love the name of your school. Has an awesome staff-student ratio too!.